Saturday, 18 March 2017

DRAFT ev 7

Going back through my preliminary work I have greatly improved in what I have produced. First of all the camera shots and mise en scene in my photos are a much higher standard and are in a different league when compared to my preliminaries, I put this down to the location we used and better camera and camera skills. The is also an obvious improve meant in the models since when I researched my target audience I used clothe which fitted it better when I took the previous photos it was what ever cloth they where wearing on the day. However on the front cover of my final product I have my model’s styled in a specific way eg a vintage brown jacket from a charity shop skater hoodies and DocMartisns to make it relatable to the  genre and audience so that my magazine is unusual and embodies the theme of music and fashion, to attract more readers/customers to read my magazine and to Bauer. The difference in style is dew to my holes in my research when creating my preliminary and only going with my gut instinct the, and taking the  images on plain white background caused me to have to use the wand/lasso tool to cut out the model and awkwardly place it upon my magazine, however contrary to this when I took the images for the real project I used a natural background so that the centerpiece was a nice piece of photography and that it didn't need to be a Frankenstein jumble of images and background, my camera skills also improved and i used more long shots and used the natural light to my advantage whilst as before the artificial lights caused glare and the close ups looked forced and only where able to fit 1 model.

During the preliminary work I felt that my type faces where dreadful since they where the base Photoshop fonts and where not inspired by any other conventions , however this did help me learn toward my final product that knowing which fonts are more professional and appropriate which allowed me to make my final product as professional and higher quality as I could. However on my final product I researched what other magazine conventions and could let this inspire me such as developing the clash lay out for the inside and the vice layout for the cover whilst utilizing a similar font to the vintage kerrang!’s, I browsed fonts to see which would suite me on a website called DaFont and then download the font on the Mac so I could utilize it in lesson. From this I under stand the hardship and importance of research and development to allow you to under stand what is best for your creation eg which fonts are appropriate and  suitable for my products. The organization and placing of the text on my pages is completely different, I did however try to keep it minimalist yet I Put the masthead all the way across the top of the page witch I found I disliked and used a different layout of mast head and decided not use scattered boxes since I dint think it sat on the page very neatly ,I Directly measured the conventions of Clash for the purposes of orientate and left a white boarder along the edge of the image so it doesn’t take any concentration away from the main image or text .
The design of my preliminary contents to final content page also shows allot of improvement. When producing my preliminary I did not consider how many pages a magazine averagely has and only randomly pointed out a few pages whilst after research I found that the content id which to uses a similar convention to lists all the pages and it go's up to about 140+, the layout design of my preliminary magazine is also very poor, since i was just coming accustom to Photoshop on the Mac and also had little knowledge on the layout of content pages especially a school magazine, during my research I found that clash content was very simple and very effective yet I felt like I should ad images to the page so that it didn't have lots of negative space.

The preliminary magazines was great to do to accustom ones self to the technology and help developed them skills it also helps boost photography skills, which are  all important to get a grasp of before the real media product which then can be sculpted along side the all important research which allows any one from all backgrounds produce a good final media product.

No comments:

Post a Comment